February 25-27th Workshops in Fremont, CA

I am very happy to announce that I will be teaching five NEW workshops at a private studio in Fremont, CA February 25-27th. Sign ups are open to the public!

Interested in signing up? Questions? Please email Kelly for more info! EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Payments for the Fremont, CA workshop must be made in advance. Due to the fact that the teacher is traveling from Los Angeles and must prep for the workshops in advance, there are no cancellations allowed. No refunds.

You may send someone else in your place if you are unable to attend the workshop, or you will receive a kit for the class. You can either pay via paypal (see button below) or send a check or money order. Once you've signed up for the workshop, you will be sent the address and directions to the workshop location. If you have ANY questions you can email me. I will also give you my cell phone number so you contact me.

The Schedule is:

Friday, February 25th

Content: The Artist's Life 10-2 p.m.

followed by:

Pen Work 3-7 p.m.

Saturday, February 26th

A Beautiful Life 10-2 p.m.

followed by:

Bits and Pieces 3-7 p.m.

Sunday, February 27th

Expressions 10-2 p.m.






Click to sign up for the workshops!






Class Descriptions:
Friday, February 25th
10-2
Content: The Artist’s Life

Create a uniquely stitched tape covered, content filled journal using my favorite cardstock, paper ephemera, a plethora of deco tape, needle and thread. I quickly fell in love with this journal and carried it with me everywhere last summer as it is small enough for every day, on the go use. I loved how I could slip it in a Ziploc bag with a glue stick, some collage ephemera and a handful of pens. I worked on it every day, everywhere. You will learn how to blend and layer colorful ephemera and that leaving a little white space is good! This journal is definitely one of my most favorite books that I have ever worked in. I loved learning how to work with the open spaces on the pages, using pens, stencils, stickers and more. I can’t wait to share what I’ve learned with you! I guarantee you will love this journal as much as I did!

Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks



Followed by:
3-7 p.m.

Pen Work

This isn’t my pen class, more of a part two, a further way to explore layering with pens on the page. In this class, we will take our pen work to the next level. We will dive right in experimenting with writing ideas and techniques on quickly collaged pages. This class will not only teach you ways to use your pens, but also you will be working hands on with collage, as well. This is not a calligraphy class. Think more along the lines of guided hands on experimentation. You will learn to love your handwriting and to take it to a whole ‘nother level! (Note: My “Everything You Wanted to Know About Pens and More” class is not a prerequisite.)

Please bring your journal to class if you have one, or the instructor will be supplying paper for you to work on.

Supply list: journal (see above) Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 3 1" brushes to glue and paint (I like chip or bristle brushes) OR a few of your favorite glue sticks

*****

Saturday, February 26th

10-2 p.m.

A Beautiful Life Journal

What do you get when you combine paper, ribbon, glue and a little special somethin’ something? A soft covered (but extremely durable), quickly stitched and totally made by your own hands journal! You will learn not only how to create your own Beautiful Life Journal but you will discover how to successfully blend color, texture and imagery together onto the pages of your book. You’ll create luscious layers that combine rich, personal imagery with colorful, textured bits of paper ephemera. I’ll dig deep into my bag of tricks for this class, unearthing and sharing what I know to be the key to creating unique, personal journal pages that you will love!

Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brushes to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, bottle of tacky glue



Followed by:
3-7 p.m.

Bits and Pieces

I love using bits and pieces of collage ephemera. I save all of my scraps from the tiniest bit of a transparency to the ends of masking tape to use on my layered pages. In this class, you will be combining not only paper ephemera but tape, stickers, rubber stamps, transparencies and more. Learn how the smallest snippet of ephemera can bring an entire page together in a richly, layered manner.

Please bring your journal to class if you have one, or the instructor will be supplying paper for you to work on.

Supply list: journal (see above) Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes) OR a few of your favorite glue sticks


*****
Sunday, February 27th
10-2

Expressions

What story will your book hold? Express yourself by creating a hand bound journal covered in luscious handmade paper. Create pages that fold out and hide your secrets or uniquely display your treasures. You will learn how to free your artistic self upon the pages of this book, creating a multitude of rich, colorful pages as you work. You will be learning not only how to make the book from scratch but also how to create a multitude of layered, “paper painted” pages.

Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper, roll of paper towels, permanent black inkpad, container to hold water, 1" brushes to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks




I hope to see YOU there!

Comments

Popular Posts