What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Friday, April 16, 2010

Book of Intentions page 2

One thing that I love about the above journal is its simpleness. A glue stick. Some paper. A pen or two. A little bit of musing and a whole lot of love. I find that if I don't work in my journal daily, I get grumpy or bitchy. It's like eating or breathing to me, a necessity. A need, not a want.

Blog Love:
Michael DeMeng speaks the truth
Ali Edwards: Documenting a Week in Your Life
Che Guevara tape
More tape I don't have
PINK art show this Saturday
Supply Love
A Damn Good Mail Day
Some 2010 Craft Shows in So CA
Hannelore Baron
I want to go to all of the places in these paintings. Now. Not Someday.

Films Watched:
The Children's Hour (more here)

Books Being Consumed:
Print & Pattern
Hand Wash Cold
Imperfect Birds
and a huge pile that has plopped itself at the head of my bed!

Sunday 4/18 @ Stampin From the Heart in LA (class is a GO, please phone the store to sign up)
Fri-Sun 4/23-25th Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale (I can't wait!!!!!)


Sandy said...

Great page. I love all the links. I got my first issue of Uppercase yesterday. I wish I had started when it was new so I could have 1 & 2 but that's ok. It's a great magazine.

I hope your classes are great this weekend.

maxine said...

I volunteer to go to Paris with you!

HappyDayArt! said...

I got a subscription to Uppercase and I love it!


Raine said...

I could spend the entire day just starting with your blog and surfing the waves of art and life that branch off from each line of your blog. I have actually spent hours doing just that! Rainy days when my body simply won't cooperate with me are perfect. My focus is off of the pain and I become so inspired! Thank you for sharing all of these wonderful places for me to visit.
Ok...Maxine and I have selflessly volunteered to go to Paris with you. Anyone else?!?!?! *rolling with giggles* (I do that a lot, don't I? It's a good thing I'm round...the better to roll with, my dear...)

diana said...

I adore this book Kelly!
I'm always amazed at how much you accomplish and your passion to create and investigate- you rock!