16 February 2010 journal page

I just finished this journal yesterday. I have a few more pages to show you in this book before I show you my new book. Now, I'm thinking of starting a new ritual. Those of you who've been reading the blog over the years now that I like to rotate my art supplies (like a parent would rotate their child's toys to prevent boredom). I'm thinking of going through my paper ephemera stash and pulling out some things to work with in my new book. So, with every new journal, I'd go through my 'toys' and figure out what things I may want to specifically work with in my new book. It's a thought. We'll see if I actually do it, but it might be an inspiring way to come up with some new ideas. Set aside X amount of paper and only work with what's in that pile. Hmmm...

My new journal is larger than this previous one. Hardcover. Recycled from a hardcover book. One signature. 140 lb wausau exact index paper (that hardly ever changes). Did something different with the binding (I really like trying different binding styles). I cracked it open last night and started working on the inside cover. I'm looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.

*****
Blog Love-

color over at a creative mint

*****
Tape Love-

yummy tape goodness over at Uguisu

(I have resisted especially after an $800 auto shop bill yesterday...grrr! I hate the 1st of the month between rent and bills, then to take the car into the shop and get hit with that. I am thankful it wasn't more though!! Gotta stay positive!)

*****
Head on over to Oh, Hello Friend for info on her Lovely Package Exchange. I did it last year and LOVED it.

Comments

donna!ee said…
thanks so much for sharing your process...it helps me get unblocked!

Popular Posts