I am teaching my popular new pen class this Saturday at Zinnia in So Pasadena. For those of you whom have asked about it here's some things that we do in the class-
1. We explore a plethora of pens. The class comes with a huge 18 page handout that has detailed information on a variety of my favorite pens, important info on the pens and what they do. You also get to play with the pens hands on.
2. Collage prompts! Yes, we do some collage techniques (remember, my classes are never just "one" thing. I like to pack them with info) and I then give you journal prompts for those pages.
3. Journal Prompts! Bring your journal to class (or use the paper that I provide) and we will explore the pens ON the pages in a variety of ways.
4. Writing! Yes, I will demonstrate and let you experiment with some of my favorite ways to add text to the page. No, it is NOT a calligraphy class (those of you who know me know that I lack the discipline and desire to be a calligrapher), think of it as more like urban handwriting.
5. Did I mention a wee bit of painting and layering? Using paint, paper and pens? Yup, that's included too.
6. Fun? Did I tell you it's FUN? Trust me, it is.
I pack a lot into the class and I keep you busy. I also bring a ton of pens (I don't ever travel light). If you have questions, you can email me. To sign up, please contact the store asap as space is limited. I have the class coming up twice in the next month: Zinnia on the 3rd and the Art Bar on the 11th. I'll also be traveling and teaching it in No Ca, CO, MA and OR this year.
2 years ago