What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Monday, February 15, 2010

February 10 journal page

Sorting. So, I decided the other day that I needed to sort my stickers as I had them in at least three different places (You know those bins-the ones labeled "now", "Save For Later", "Whatever"). Now I have a 9 x 12" rectangular black case FILLED with stickers. Hundreds, if not, thousands of stickers in one place and at my finger tips.
You would think after sorting stickers like this that I would never ever have to buy another sticker again. Not. Saturday night at Target I bought two sheets of these. Nor would you think that I would be going crazy trying to find THESE stickers from My Little Yellow Bicycle's 2008 Love Letters Line (discontinued). (Found 'em. Thanks Caity!) Have I mentioned that I still have my sticker albums from the 80's? Last but not least, have I told you that in Japan some people call tape stickers? Yeah. That about explains it.


Caity said...

This mob have 'em:

I know there's none at my local scrapbook store but I'm heading out to the one on the other side of town (a whole 10 minutes away!) on Wednesday - never know your luck!

Lori W said...

Wow! The sorting bug must be going around - maybe it's a moon phase...Or Chinese New Year...or Mardi Gras...or maybe its just that I know I have the perfect sticker but where???I love the page.

PaperPumpkin said...

Finally. Someone else who needs sticker therapy. I too have stickers from the '8o's. I too never need to buy more. Not. Even my drawer at work is filled with stickers. Teacher's have another excuse!

Sharyn said...

I love stickers too! I have been in love with them since I was a kid-and that was a very long time ago!
To sit and go through your sticker box...a dream

Sandy said...

Beautiful page. Now that you said that I wonder what I did with all my stickers in my binder. Hmmmm.