October 23 journal page

I've been asked to pass along the news that if you sign up for any 2010 workshop at Inspirational Retreat by the end of the year, you will receive a 10% off class price discount and free lunch for both days as a holiday gift. How cool is that??? You can find out more information here. I am teaching my very first two day workshop there in February (the 20th and 21st). I have been longing to do a special workshop like this for a very long time and the location and setting offers itself perfectly! Will you join me?

In the meantime, please stop by here and spend some time gazing at the photos. The first one made my jaw drop.

I have a new book to tell you about tomorrow. This one is a keeper and a bit hard to find.

David and Tristan left me home alone (!) last night and went to Cinefamily for Jerry Beck's Animation Tuesdays. Beck was in conversation with Fred Wolf. Run over to youtube and check out Wolf's work. You know who he is. He didn't do the animation on this, but he did produce it.


*****

I can't let the day go by without bowing my head to Shel Dorf who passed away yesterday. Shel Dorf, if you don't know was a huge supporter of comic book artists and was also the founder of the San Diego Comic Con. I never met the man, but considering that my family and I have been going to Comic Con since 1996 (and David before then) and that we are all huge comic book enthusiasts, we are tipping our hats to him.

Comments

I want to try to convince Shosh to go to your retreat with me. I need to take a class.
Also, that blog link.. amazing. I so want to go there!! Hope all is well!
lee said…
thank you , you always give some amazing and interesting sites, I love that one, you just recommended.
martha brown said…
My brother and I used to "practice" this commercial all the time. I think that I broke my tooth on a tootsie pop once -- That one and the reese peanut butter one "you got your peanut butter in my chocolate".

Popular Posts