What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Thursday, August 06, 2009

Journal pages from Thursday at San Diego Comic Con

One of my most favorite books that I purchased at Con, was Bwana Spoons' Welcome to Forest Island. The book just makes me happy. It's not only that Bwana drew the coolest, cutest little picture for me in it, but it's so colorful, it's such a treat to hold his work in my hands. I have been singing his praises since I saw his booth at Con a few years ago. It's about damn time he has his own book out. I can only hope that this is the first one. If you've seen the magazine, Pencil Fight, you should be familiar with his work. Get his book here. I want to get at least one of his toys one of these days! My favorite is strawberry crack killer.

Joe Sorren has a blog! Check it out here.

Speaking of Joe Sorren, the other night I watched Scribble .08, which I picked up at Con. It's short, but sweet. It was a rare treat seeing clips of some of my favorite artists talking about their work, etc.. I think my favorite part was seeing Martha Rich's journal as well as Tim Biskup's tiny journal from Italy.


jane eileen said...

Jeane's mom said...
I love this page!!!

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Wow... that is so cool you were able to see Tim Burton and Johnnie Dep himself! Looks like you had a blast. I love the pages you created.

Kristi said...

Hi Kelly, Noticed that you like Joe Sorren's work. FYI, he has recently put all of the prints at his store at 30% off. www.joesorren.com.
kristi, studio manager
joe sorren studios