What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quick update and checking in...

If you're at Comic Con, go to Grass hut (Bwana Spoons booth), Mark Murphy, Sparkplug, Allan Spiegel Fine Arts (one of the nicest guys on the planet), Chronicle, Last Gasp and Top Shelf. That's where I've spent my $ so far.
Books I've bought so far. I'll put up links and stuff next week.
Andy Runton of Owly fame being a nice guy (as always) to my boy. We love Owly!
Bwana Spoons drawing in his book for me!
Guess who I saw today?!?!?! I won the bet! LOL!!! I KNEW if Burton was there that there was a damn good chance that Depp would be there too. I had a big smile on MY face.Another huge highlight was seeing the man above, Mr. Terry Gilliam, whose work I have long adored and loved. Probably my favorite panel so far!!! He gets it. He really does. I swear I've been singing Brazil all day...

More to come.

Huge huge thanks for the good thoughts on Dad. He goes to see the doctor next week so keep those good thoughts coming. They're very much appreciated. Surgery went well today.

2 comments:

BellaKarma said...

Yay! Now we've both seen Johnny Depp in person! Yeah, I know, three years later, and I still haven't blogged about it!

...and I *must* meet this Owly character....

Can't wait to hear more about Comic-Con!

Laura Turner said...

So glad your dad's surgery went well. I'm praying for good news next week. I'm SO jealous you got to see my man, J. Depp!!!! I would pay just to watch him breathe - he is so cool in so many ways. Have a great trip. I've been painting with my kids today - thanks for the gifts and the inspiration!