Hi, my name's Kelly and I'm a book addict...

but seriously, who isn't? What's not to love about holding something in your hands, turning the pages and just murmuring softly at what's on the pages?

Look what came in the mail yesterday:
I have been stalking the mailbox since I ordered it *waiting* (LOL, one of the many reasons I can't stand buying stuff online-having to wait. I'll order something and start waiting for it about oh, 5 seconds, after I hit the send button). Old School is an exhibit running at Uppercase Gallery in Calgary, Canada. You can see (and purchase) artwork from the show on their website here.

The book, oh how I LOVE the book, is available here for purchase. The book comes with a little rubberband and pencil. This has got to be one of the best books I've bought in a long time. It's small. I can tout it about town in my purse. I'm just totally floored by the variety of artwork on the inside pages.

Artwork by:

Jen Altman

Lori Andrews

Stefanie Augustine

Diana Behl

Darren Booth (I'm lusting after his new book! It's on my wish list!)

Lisa Brawn

Kariann Burleson

Tracey Cameron

Michelle Caplan

Frank Chimero

Libby Clarke

Maura Cluthe

Lisa Congdon

Holli Conger

Helen Eady

Kiersten Essenpreis

Ray Fenwick

Fred Free (this man has a PILE of books that are very high on my want very much right now list)

Renee Garner

Mark Gervais

Jen Gotch (ooh, she's in a polariod book that is seriously talking to me...)

Leslie Hart

Abbey Hendrickson (speaking of books and zines...Abbey is doing a zine swap)

Beckie Hermans

Jen Hsieh

Linzie Hunter

Xerxes Irani

Chelsee Ivan

Darla Jackson

Cindy Jaswai

Natalie Jeffcott (Make sure you check out the link where she sells her goods)

James Jensen

Jennifer Judd-McGee

Sandra Juto (Love the softies)

Blair Kelly

Mike Kerr

Karen Klassen

Elesavet Lawson

Judy Lee & Shawn Liu

Renata Liwksa

Kelly Maron

Deidre Martin

Ellen Mueller

Brent Mykytyshyn

Daniel Neville

Colleen Nicholson

Non Fiction Design Collective

Christine Panushka

Lilliana Pereira

Tram Pham

Andrew Phares

Caitlin Phillips

Kate Phillips

Emmanuel Polanco

Colleen Rauscher

Kyle Reed

Jen Renniger

Julia Rothman

Valerie Roybal

Christina Sitja Rubio

Kim Seafuro

Jessie Senese

Kim Smith

Something's Hiding in Here

Elizabeth Soule

Camilla Stacey

Elizabeth Steiner

Krista Stout

Amy Thompson

Tonja Torgerson

Rebecca Trawick

Kirstie Tweed

Nubby Twiglet

Emily Wilson

Rose Zgodzinski

Did I mention that Uppercase has a blog, too?

Comments

Anonymous said…
excuse my french...Sweet Jesus! Now THIS is my kind of post!
Joy Logan said…
OK so you send a altered book around and get back a kewl work of art of your own!
ellenm said…
Thanks for writing this post! I just received my book in the mail too!
lynne h said…
oh man, kelly -- you never cease to amaze me! all of these luscious links, and this book!!! sheesh, i just clicked on one link and i'm about to melt from art lust...

sigh... i don't know whether to thank you or throttle you. but i'm definitely upgrading your title to Superwoman Book Guru.

; )

xo
Taylor schapiro said…
Ah back to your old tricks I see!
xxoo
Seth said…
Really cool book Kelly. Thanks for the intro.

Popular Posts