Pages from the library today:
I received a ton of new pens in the mail while I was in Scottsdale and mmmmm, are they good! JetPens never fails to deliver!!! I played around with several pens on this page and while you can't see all of them in the photo, I absolutely LOVE these pens:

Pilot Hi-Tiec-C n PINK! Yummy! It comes in different tip sizes. I am eager to explore the different nibs. The one I used is a .4

Uniball Signo Bit-Oh my! I think this is the *thinnest* pen I have ever seen. The company says it can write on a grain of rice and I believe it! I used the purple one on this page writing on the handmade paper. It's so tiny and fun to use for "little touches".

The Pentel Pocket Brush Pen is my favorite. I have been looking for EVER for a pen that writes like this...it's sumi type ink with a tip that is to die for. I need more of these and I wish they came in colors but for now, the black is just my fave new pen!! They do take a few minutes longer to dry but working on a two page spread kept me busy so it wasn't a problem!! I am hoping they get the refill cartridges for these soon as I can see me using this pen a LOT. I have a big project I a working on but my journal is calling to me so I can use this pen again!! LOL I *heart* this pen big time!!!!

Uni-ball Signo BROAD white Pen-now you guys know I have been a BIG fan of the Uni-ball white pen for AGES. I've been using it for years before the Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze and the Souffle white pens AND the Sharpie poster paint white (waterbased pen) as it was THE only white pen that worked on acrylic paint and didn't stink to high heavens! The BROAD tip is one of my favorites. I am on the "please notify me list" when they are back in stock on jet pens...I frickin' love this pen.

I'm not generally a big fountain pen fan as I can never get the dang things to work BUT guess what?!?! This one does and on acrylic paint (thin not textured) too!! The Pilot Petit1 is too darn cute for words..and you can buy refills for it too. Make sure you keep the cap and the bottom screwed on tight when not in use!!

Uni-ball Posca Metallic Markers-OH these are TOO cool for words. I remember when a Local Mom and Pop Art store got these in a year ago and the price tag was too extreme for me to "play" with them but JetPens has 'em CHEAP-more than half of what the other store had them for. I used them on the page below to write the date and to outline Little Kelly :) In person the colors POP off the page. I love the metallic pink and blue!!! YUM!

And just because I am 33 going on 8, I HAD to try out the Pentel Supplio Nanotech Scented Pencil. Who knew it was safe to sniff art supplies? LOL. I am usually a black pen or colored marker type gal when it comes to note taking, but I was reaching for this pencil when I was writing up handouts the other day. Plus, it's PINK. What more do I have to say? It smells good, it's pink and it writes like Heaven...

Some other pens I got that I have not had a chance to play with yet-

Pilot Parallel Pens 1.5mm Nib-These pens are the BOMB! I love the color assortment and the way the color just flowssssss from the nib. They can be hard to find as most places sell out! I like the refill packs and if you get two pens in different colors you can "mix and blend the colors".

Dong-A Popcorn Pens-I am itching to play with these pens. They PUFF up when you heat them. I can't find my heatgun *yet* but I AM looking for it. They look like too much fun to resist!! Anything with the word POPCORN in it has to be good!






The COOLEST thing happened at the library today. We had been there for almost 2 hours when I noticed a girl about Tristan's age walking back and forth looking at my stash of "stuff" on the page. She stood behind me and asked "Do you speak Russian?" I told her No and smiled. She pulled up a chair!! LOL! She grabbed a chair and asked if she was bothering me. I said no and smiled. She started asking me questions about the hummingbird page, what I was drawing, if I had made the book, the pens I was using, if I was going to use the heart and butterfly stickers I had out, etc.. It was too funny. She must have sat with us for at least 20 minutes. She told me her Mom drew and that her Mom was a good artist (Mom was outside talking on the cell phone we could see her in the window). It was SO funny to have this little girl practically glued to my side entranced in art. Totally made my day when she asked (as we were packing up) if she ran into me again if she could make something for her Mom with me (I said yes). Like I said on the first page of the journal above (the one that says "once"), it's all about the little things.

Comments

lee said…
I love that story of the little girl. She will be staking out the library for sure...
Judy Wise said…
Oh, what a great story. Thanks for all the pen info; I want to run into you at the library and play too! xoxo
Christine Drevo said…
Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to mention that I had great time at Frenzy Stamper, waiting for August and October. I love love the popcorn pens, plan on ordering a set next week.

Thanks for all the fun and info.
Christine
Alix said…
What a cool little girl! That sort of thing always makes my day.

Love the faces from the previous post, too! I want to learn how to do that RIGHT NOW!
Anonymous said…
omg pens!!! Kelly, what about the latte pens...how do you like those? I think I NEED one (or a dozen). And how broad is the white signo? I may need that, too, if it's not the one I already have. --tracey (fort collins tracey)
Kelly Kilmer said…
Tracey-

Um, I ordered THREE SETS of the Latte pens and wondering if I need to stock up on more "just in case". I frickin' LOVE those pens. The tip is smaller but the effect is the same as the souffle but the small tip means smaller writing-I LOVE it! LOVE them in all of their glorious colors!

The Uniball Signo WHITE BROAD pen is the exact same uniball signo white pen you probably already have!! It's the one I've been using for what seems like eons now. I want it in BLACK but Jet Pens it out of stock. I've never seen it in black in "Broad" version to my knowledge but with all of the pens I have *ahem*, I may have it and not know it! :}

Miss my CO buds!!
Anonymous said…
How sweet with the little girl at the library.

Girl.. please refrain from posting about pens when it's my payday. You are making it hard for me to save money.

When I die broke.. at least I'll have my pens with me, right?
moi said…
kelly, you are costing me a fortune in pens!!!! i checked out all your recommendations and want them all!!!LOL I have a million already but just have to check out some of these. Thanks for being an enabler. I hope you run into that little girl again. Sounds like fun. Did her mum ask what you guys were talking about??
Jeane Frizzell said…
I love this! My mom asked if we were in cahoots today. She said half jokingly, did you tell Kelly to post all of those pens so that I would go look at them, fall in love and buy them for both of us? Ha!
Anonymous said…
ok, I now have $40 worth of pens in my cart, but I have to sleep on that first. I miss you, too. I can't believe I have to wait till freakin' NOVEMBER!! I need some kelly kilmering!

Popular Posts