Where's the Fruit?

Yesterday on my way to CHA, I was listening to my favorite radio station, Pacifica's KFPK in L.A. I don't get to hear Uprising that much because A. It is on too early in the morning for me and B. I'm usually taking Tristan to school or sleeping. So, when I do get to listen to it, I'm thrilled.

Did you catch this report? It was on Uprising (you can listen to the segment here).Now I'm not stupid. I know that Twizzlers, "Fruit" roll ups, Capri sun and certain things don't have "Fruit" in them. It's all in the marketing, sadly. I was livid though when I found out that the yogurt that I buy for my son (D'animals and Go-Gurt) does NOT have ANY fruit in it. LIVID. D'animals and Go-Gurt are now banished BANISHED from my kitchen. Damn companies and the crap that they sell not only to us, but to our kids. I'm usually pretty good about reading labels but I guess I am too trusting at times. I figured, it's yogurt. Yogurt is good for you, right? Wrong.

BTW, since I'm on the topic of Marketing, you *need* to see a documentary called Century of the Self. I don't care what your POV is or what you might lean to, but you MUST see it. It focuses on Edward Bernays aka the Father of P.R. That's all I"m going to say. I"ll leave my commentary until after you've seen it...but you *must* see it. *now*

Comments

Popular Posts