Nope, we didn't take that photo tonight (found it on google images). Yet we were quite surprised when we set out to see the DWP lights at Griffith Park to see a deer (with full antlers) strolling around to the left of the golf course. It wasn't too dark (not with the bright lights of DWP in full glory) nor was it quiet (Dean Martin was singing Christmas Carols along with Nat King Cole, Neil Diamond and others...). THAT was the coolest part of the night-seeing this beautiful creature strolling around completely oblivious to the settings around him.

Sooooooooo we arrived home and I jumped on the computer. Little ol' me did NOT know that there are also mountain lions in that area. Ok, I live in the "city" so cut me some slack. Even David didn't believe it. Buttttttttttt this guy says so.

All I could think of though was my friend, Venita saying "Where there's one deer, there are many..." ACK. So now I need to think "where there are deer in So CA there might be lions (and tigers and bears, oh my!)"

Anyone who goes to the mall this time of year is crazy! Just to torture ourselves (ok, picture my kid sounding like Cartman from South Park "But mommmmmmmmm I need to go to the lego store they are having a sale on Bionicles today only...but Mommmmmmmmmmmm....") we went to the Glendale Galleria AND Old Town Pasadena. Zinnia in Pasadena has an amazing selection of unique Christmas goodies available (I Love the Mica Snow!!) and the store is beautifully decorated and very inviting (great company awaits inside). We also hit The Folk Tree where I saw Shari Beaubien's beautiful artwork in the gallery. I also picked up a few goodies for my friend Sharyn in MA. Crap, of which I just remembered they are in the trunk and baby, it's cold outside!!! I did a little damage at Paper Source (God, I am a Paper Source whore!!!) Other then buying Legos (Yes, I'm that kind of sucker Mom), a belt for David (Gotta keep the pants up), paper, pizza and ice cream (ask my two "boys" who even when freezing kept wanting ice cream), we didn't do too much damage tonight! But, I still hate the frigging mall and would MUCH rather spend the little cash I have at the local yokel shops! Support your Mom and Pop stores...especially the art ones (and book and comic shops too ;)). Happy Ho Ho Holidays!!

Comments

Popular Posts