(I created both of these in class yesterday at Stampin from the Heart...of course when I got home I wanted to play with the pages some more, but in doing so, I messed both of them up...so I had to add the "heart" to the redhead to hide my boo-boo...and had to add more papers to the "woman spirit" page...so even goofy teachers like me can "mess things up" but you learn to fix them and work in the moment...remember it is all about process, baby, process!!!


Had a great but busy weekend!! I actually got to TAKE a class on Friday at Zinnia's in Pasadena with the wonderful Celine Navarro. It was a treat for me and very nice to be on the other side of the table for a change. It was fun being with friends like Darcy, Angela, Tamara and company!! FUN day. I love my little book that I made. I will post photos asap.
The above two pages are from my new journal that I started working in the other day. I have being doing at least a page a day.

I taught Saturday at The Art Bar and Sunday at Stampin From The Heart. Both days I had awesome, fun students who made amazing pieces!!! Sunday was a nice, kick back day as I taught at Stampin from the Heart and had a small class-3 of my friends and "regulars" (they call themselves class groupies, I call them obsessive artists who love to create!!). I taught the "More Than Words" class where we sat and collaged and painted for 5 hours. It was AWESOME. Diane, Judy and Ruth made at least 4 or 5 (I think they all made more than that but that is how many pages I did...) collages during the class and the art was GORGEOUS each one so different and inspiring...

I am going to be teaching a variety of classes: Mixed Media Art, Mail Art, bookbinding, Color theory, Collage, Art Journaling, and MORE in AZ, MA and No CA over the next month!!!

In October I will be at The Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale, AZ teaching five classes including Text as Art, Whispers: Mail Art, Wonderful World of Color Theory, Bag of Tricks and the Harlequin Book. Sign up NOW!!

The week after I will be at The Stamp Act in Marshfield, MA teaching three classes: Scrapped! Journal, Graffito: An Artists Book, and A Woman's Notebook.

Then in November I will be at Stampers Warehouse in Danville CA teaching Layered & Textured Journal, Avant Garde Journal, Graffito: An Artists Book, Off the Wall and Journey To the Soul.

YES I will also be locally, as always..so if I am not "away" teaching, i am home teaching in So CA. Questions? Drop me a note. To sign up, please phone the stores asap.

Remember to PLEASE support your local stamp stores. I know that there are lots of choices as to where you buy your art supplies and take classes, but please remember the "little guys". Most local art stores are owned and run by women artists, so it is wonderful to be able to support them. Also, please remember that even though we all love our weekend getaways, that it is your local store that is there all year round...

Comments

Love the color selection... you definitely have a wonderful eye for combining color/texture/pattern... :)

Hugs,
Adriane
Anonymous said…
Yummy Yummy stuff!!! If you EVER teach a class in the Portland, Oregon area...I am SO there!!! Just love love lovin' your work!
:-)

Cheers!
Michelle

Popular Posts