Here's a scan of some of the so called "Valentines" that I've been working on lately.
For some reason, the color is a little funky in the scan. Oh well, story of my life lately! :)

Hey, did someone give my "baby" permission to turn 9 years old tomorrow? I'm absolutely flabbergasted that not only did I just celebrate my 10 year wedding anniversary a month ago, but now our boy is almost as big as I am! I remember wishing that the "Twos" would go by quickly...but not too quickly. Now as he wishes he was "out of school", I am wishing he'd slow down a bit with the growing-that there was more than 24 hours in a day.

Am feeling rather anxious lately...can't seem to get everything done that I need to get done. Mom is arriving on Wednesday. We're leaving for Arizona Thursday after Tristan gets out of school. I'm scheduled to be teaching at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale-am really looking forward to it-I love that store, love Debbie and love the group that visits it. I'm a bit worried though as last time I checked, my numbers were *really* low. It doesn't happen often when I travel out of area, but when it does, I take it so personally. I can't help it. I'm not even supposed to (probably) be admitting to "low numbers" (SHOCK!) in my classes on a "public board" *but* it's a trend lately across the country, in every art class, in every store, with every teacher. It scares the hell out of me. It's how I support my family. I'm not making a mint, but a small enough to pay my (cheap, rent controlled) rent and my bills. We live very simply...money goes to bills, food and if there's extra-art supplies/books/necessities (in that order LOL). I teach every weekend. The classes might not "go" but I still schedule for every weekend that someone will take me. I probably shouldn't take it personally as far as AZ goes because they are having some huge multi gallery "art festival" that weekend around the store's area and I guess the street is closed..yet, I'm taking it personally and I shouldn't be!

Here's my little "rant" (or whine?) for the day-I tend to take it personally when my classes don't get 'plugged' over other people's classes. I know it's stupid but I do. I tend to take it personally when my website doesn't get linked to other people's, or isn't listed as a favorite, or my name is left off of some list or whatever. This is stupid but it's something I've dealt with all of my life. I've often felt like the little ignored redhaired girl sitting in the corner. That there's always someone 'better then me' (which is true) but that (in my mind) I work just as hard as "X,Y or Z" and why shouldn't I get recognized. It's frustrating, but it's life. I know we all feel like this a LOT but we don't talk about it. Hell, my husband's been screwed over by his book publisher and by Disney...so I know it's not just me. But here I sit whining about it :P At least it feels good to 'get it out' LOL!!

In the meantime, I'll try not to take things so personally. I'm going to Arizona regardless as to whether or not my classes go..I have to, as my Mom is coming to L.A. and my Dad is flying into Phoenix, where we're supposed to meet him. It was supposed to be a working family vacation....now it might just end up being a crazy family vacation :)

Ok it's getting late and I haven't even showered and gotten ready to face the day. I'm teaching in Ventura (at Violets) and in Culver City (Stampin from the Heart) this weekend ON top of it being Tristan's birthday tomorrow so I have lots to do and not much time to do it in! EEK! :)

Comments

sf said…
Kelly!
I will put a link to your blog on mine.
I am not currently updating anything on my other (web)site. Can't do it without help, don't have time.
luv ya,
sarah
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks Sarah :)
I have to figure out how to put links on the blog...am hoping to do so this weekend as I've found lots I'd like to link! :)
Love your work!!! :)-kelly
Dawn said…
Our kids share a birthday, but mine is turning (gasp!) 30 tomorrow. How did that happen?

I'm enjoying your blog. Glad you started it.

Popular Posts